The Lake Light is a quaint looking light house on Toronto Island.
This lighthouse, one of the earliest on the Great Lakes, was completed in 1808 as an hexagonal tower 52 feet high topped by a wooden cage with a fixed whale-oil lantern. In 1832 it was raised to 82 feet and later equipped with a revolving light. The mysterious disappearance of its first keeper, J.P. Rademuller, in 1815 and the subsequent discovery nearby of part of a human skeleton enhanced its reputation as a haunted building. Today, one would be hard pressed to see this lighthouse from the lake as it is now surrounded by trees as tall or taller than it is!Date: August 2, 2011
Author: Diaan Mynhardt
Medium: Digital HDR
Camera: Canon 5D Mk II
Lens: Canon EF 24-105mm f/4
Location: Toronto Island, Toronto.
Tags: canada, island, lighthouse, toronto